Thanks for visiting, we would LOVE you to run the Glasgow Santa Dash to support our Winter Crisis Appeal.
A number of our team will be dressing up as Santa and meeting at Glasgow Green for the run. We want to put the FUN into FUNdraising and this seems like a great way to do it.
If you’d like to join us – here is all the info you need to know.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do register.
Is quick and easy online. VISIT THE REGISTRATION PAGE
£15 adults / £5 children
You then get a t-shirt, race number and medal.
NOTE – you can wear your own Santa suit if you like. They are not provided.
The event starts at Glasgow Green and further information about the event will be sent out upon registration.
Please note that we are not a charity partner for this event. But participants can choose to fundraise for a charity of their choice. We hope you choose us to help people experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness in Glasgow this winter.
How to fundraise
Our two recommended ways to fundraise would be either through Just Giving or Facebook. Both are very easy to use and guide you step by step along the way.
To start fundraising via Just Giving;
Click on START FUNDRAISING
- Select A CHARITY
- Type in SIMON COMMUNITY SCOTLAND
- Select SIMON COMMUNITY SCOTLAND WINTER CRISIS APPEAL 2022
- Select TAKING PART IN AN EVENT
- Type in GLASGOW SANTA DASH (then select event)
- Scroll down and answer a couple of questions to CREATE YOUR PAGE
To start fundraising via Facebook;
- Go to update your status
- Scroll down past photo/video, tag people etc until you reach RAISE MONEY
- Search for a charity to support – type, then select SIMON COMMUNITY SCOTLAND
- Update your info to let people know what you are doing
- That’s you sorted!
7 Fundraising tips
Use your social media channels and WhatsApp groups regularly (but don’t overdo it) to let people know what you are doing and why.
Here are 7 tips of when to let people know about your Santa Dash.
- Launch – let people know you have signed up. They can join you, or sponsor you.
- Post photos or videos of you training
- Post a video of you dressed as Santa asking for their help (make them smile)
- Post a video or go live (if you can get a signal) at the start line
- Post a video and photos at the end of the race
- Post a thank you the day after and ask for last minute donations/sponsorships
- Post a final thank you message after a few days with your final fundraising total
All the very best