Simon Community Scotland’s registered office is at 472 Ballater Street, Glasgow, G5 0QW, and we are a registered Scottish Charity (SCO03076) and a company limited by guarantee in Scotland No SC137419. We are registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office Register of Data Controllers under registration number ZA109132 and act as the data controller and data processor. Our designated Data Protection Officer/Appointed Person for the organisation is our Director of Services, Hugh Hill, and we can be contacted at the above address or by phone on 0141 418 6980.
What Information we Collect and Why
The personal information we collect and how we use will depend on your engagement with us.
Simon Community Scotland processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than already specified in this notice.
The personal data that we collect may include –
- Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Personal Email
- Business Email
- Home Telephone Number
- Work Telephone Number
- Mobile Telephone Number
- National Insurance Number
- Special Category Data for Service Users (i.e. health/medical information, details about religion, sexuality, gender etc)
We collect information in the below ways: –
Direct from you when you
- Subscribe to our on-line mailing and email alerts
- Visit our website
- Donate to or fundraise for Simon Community Scotland
- Receive a service from Simon Community Scotland
- Engage with us via Social Media
- Submit a job application
- Submit a Volunteer Application
- Submit a volunteer enquiry
- Referral forms from Commissioners regarding service users
- When you have given permission to other organisations to share your information.
- When we deliver services as part of a contract
- Information publicly available
- Via independent event organisers or fundraising sites (for example Just Giving) if you have indicated that you wish to support Simon Community Scotland and you have given your consent for information to be shared
- Where we have CCTV installed at our services/premises
How We Use Your Personal Data (Legal Basis for Processing)
Simon Community Scotland takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclosure, share or sell your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with information on ourselves and opportunities within Simon Community Scotland you are free to withdraw consent at any time. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: –
- To provide you with a service or information you have asked for
- We collect and store your personal data as part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes
- We have a legal obligation to share your personal data with the Agencies who commission the delivery of homelessness services
- To fulfil a contract
- Provide you with information and news on Simon Community Scotland
- Keep a record of your relationship with us, for example administer a donation, support fundraising, and process gift aid
You have the right to access any personal information that we processes about you and to request information about: –
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. We will not share your information with any other organisation for marketing, market research, fundraising or commercial purposes, and we will never sell on any information about you. Where we engage a third party to deliver a service on our behalf, for example Occupational Health, only the required date will be shared. This will be in line with data protection legislation and covered by a sharing agreement. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do so. Your information will be held security and will be retained for the period we instruct.
Simon Community Scotland may be required to share your data in specific cases where we are providing a direct service/contract or where we are required by law, for example Employment Law.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Simon Community Scotland only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
Where you have consented to us using your details, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Special Categories Data (if applicable)
Owing to the services we are commissioned to provide, Simon Community Scotland sometimes need to request sensitive personal information from you to for example we may require medical information to help you manage your health. Where we collect sensitive personal data, we will only request the information required for the specified purpose and always ask for your explicit consent through a signature..
Lodging A Complaint
Simon Community Scotland only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Simon Community Scotland
472 Ballater Street
Tel: 0141 418 6980
Information Commissioner’s Office
45 Melville Street
Tel: 0303 123 1115