Our Friends programme is designed to offer you and your organisation opportunities to get involved easily and publicly support us in combating the causes and effects of homelessness in Scotland.
Get more involved and show your support
There are different ways of getting involved. Our Friends help us meet our objectives, dedicate some time to raising the profile of the Simon Community and help us raise funds.
There are many ways that your input can deliver direct impacts for people at risk of or experiencing homelessness. We have designed a range of options to fit with your context and capacity for involvement. We are also happy to look at how your unique circumstances or ambitions can add value and impact for the people we support. Please get in touch if you’d like to know more.
Friends of the Simon Community must be able to:
- Share in our mission to combat the causes and effects of homelessness.
- Understand and relate to our organisational values.
- Be committed to adding value and impact for the people we support.
- Commit for a minimum of one year.
In committing to being a Friend of the Simon Community, you undertake to help us in one or several of the following ways:
- Helping the Simon Community meet a specific strategic objective by providing direct input and/or offering your organisation’s expertise, staff time, networks, influence, partnerships and/or resources.
- Sharing information about the Simon Community and promote awareness to your customers, staff and/or stakeholders.
- Undertake a minimum of two fundraising initiatives for the benefit of Simon Community Scotland and the people we support.
- Developing your own unique contribution based on your aspirations and resources.
To find out more contact Lorraine McGrath on 0141 418 6980 or by email.
We are so grateful for the support we’ve received from our Friends:
- CITY BUILDING have helped us transform and upgrade our environments into more comfortable and welcoming places.
- PARKHEAD HOUSING ASSOCIATION have supported initiatives with partnership and expertise as well as giving us access to their meeting and training rooms.
- WEST OF SCOTLAND HOUSING ASSOCIATION have worked with us to explore new service delivery options and provided extensive access to training facilities, saving us significant costs in relation to room hire and hospitality.
- THENUE HOUSING ASSOCIATION are supporting us to develop new ways of working and providing access to facilities that result in direct cost savings.