Finance & HR Administrator
Salary: – £17,612 – £19,601
Hours: – 37.5 hours per week (week split into Finance duties & HR duties)
Reports: – to Finance Manager & HR Manager
Based: – Head Office
Simon Community Scotland is the largest provider of homelessness services in Scotland, with a reputation for excellence. Our vision is that everyone should have a safe place to live and access to the support they need. Everything we do is about and for people: the people we support, our staff, our partners and everyone affected by homelessness.
Working as an integral part of the Finance and HR Team, you will provide efficient high quality administration across the organisation. Reporting to both Managers, you are responsible for ensuring all HR and Finance administration is dealt with in a correct and timely manner whilst providing first line support to staff and managers.
Petty cash – Liaise with services to solve issues; process receipts and prepare for payment.
General – Filing invoices, receipts and other financial records; to respond to first level queries (via email, in person or by telephone) or escalate appropriately to Finance Manager; proactively manage the shared team finance and payroll inboxes; to open and sort mail on a daily basis; update information using G-Suite, Microsoft Excel/Word.
Recruitment – Supporting HR Assistant throughout the full recruitment process.
General – Filing paperwork into personnel files; to respond to first level queries (via email, in person or by telephone) or escalate appropriately to HR Manager; proactively manage the shared team HR and Jobs inboxes; to open and sort mail on a daily basis; update information using G-Suite, Microsoft Excel/Word.
You will be flexible and imaginative in dealing with challenging situations; able to multi-task various and conflicting priorities of a busy office; have an emotional awareness of yourself/others and a capacity to respond to the needs of others; communicate openly and effectively; strive to maintain the trust and confidence of people you work with and be accountable for the quality of your work; able to take responsibility for maintaining and improving your knowledge and skills.
Previous administration experience is essential. (SVQ or equivalent).
Closing date for applications: 12th July 2019
Salary Scale: £21,507 – £22,898
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Reports To: Corporate Services Manager
Based: Head Office
Simon Community Scotland is the largest provider of homelessness services in Scotland, with a reputation for excellence. Our vision is that everyone should have a safe place to live and access to the support they need. Everything we do is about and for people: the people we support, our staff, our partners and everyone affected by homelessness. Our values are built into every area of activity and tell the story of how people remain at the heart of the Simon Community.
We are looking for a superhero to join our fast paced Corporate Services Department to assist in the provision of highly efficient and effective senior administrative support to the organisation. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to take on greater responsibilities, such as project management, whilst building on their existing experience, developing new skills and help evolve our processes, procedures and service offerings. You’ll get to work on projects independently and ad hoc work assignments which will be challenging but enjoyable – no two days are ever the same!
- Supporting the Corporate Services Manager to ensure efficient delivery of day-to-day operations.
- Providing ad hoc administrative support, as directed by our Senior Leadership Team.
- Assisting with the improvement of operational efficiency including purchasing procurement, automation implementation and improving our environmental footprint.
- Actively identify ways to improve our processes and procedures and help to provide innovative solutions.
- Oversee ad hoc projects from inception to completion.
- Assist our Information and Communications Lead with internal and external communications through social media monitoring and follower engagement.
- Conducting research and assist with analytical reporting.
- Preparing reports and presentations for meetings and seminars.
- Assist with general reception duties, including answering phones, welcoming visitors and handling enquiries.
- Improve and maintain current filing systems.
- Co-ordinating meetings, preparing agendas, minute taking.
- Arranging catering for meetings as and when required.
- Assisting with Tender research, preparation and submission.
- Maintaining CRM databases.
- Event and seminar organisation and planning.
- Must have at least 5 years experience in a senior administrative role.
- You must be a self starter and have a “hit the ground running” attitude and have the ability to cope with interruptions in a constantly changing environment.
- Have first class written and verbal presentation skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Marketing and social media experience would be highly desirable.
- Be highly organised and methodical in your approach to work, with strong planning, organisational skills, and the ability to work independently.
- Work autonomously to prioritise and manage your workload to deliver within tight timescales with the ability to prioritise work to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- A fully supportive and integrated team player contributing to effective performance in achieving strategic goals, with a flexible attitude to deadlines if and when required.
- Advanced IT skills, particularly GSuite would be advantageous in addition to MS Office packages.
- An ability to learn new IT systems or Apps quickly to an advanced level.
- Proactively learn new technology to improve the performance of the Corporate Services Department.
- Working knowledge of office equipment such as chromebooks, laptops, printers would be advantageous.
Closing date for applications: 12th July 2019