Join Team Simon Community for a great day out!
This year Simon Community Scotland are participating in this fabulous event. We’d love you to join us! Read on for more details.
What is it?
A cycle ride from Glasgow to Edinburgh. It’s not a race. We’ll be doing it as a team – it should be a great day out together!
Sunday, 10th September 2017
Who can enter?
- Anyone who has access to a bicycle and is up for the 45 mile cycle.
- Team Simon Community is open to service users, staff and anyone who’d like to join us!
- Standard places cost £38 + £20 for transport (for you and your bike) back to Glasgow at the end of the day.
- There are free places for people who use our services and staff supporting their participation.
How to register
- Free places: contact Linda Clark at hello@SimonScotland.org
- Standard Places: register directly with Pedal for Scotland http://pedalforscotland.org/ and select to join “Team Simon Community” (part of the Classic Challenge Gold). More details about registering below.
Why we’re joining Scotland’s biggest bike event!
Cycling is fun and has plenty other benefits! Over the past few years we’ve been encouraging staff and services users to ‘get into cycling’.
We have a number of initiatives to support the wellbeing of our staff and service users including: the build-a-bike scheme, getting bikes in all our services and various cycle-training days. These are some of the practical ways we can support the recovery of people affected by homelessness.
Please join us on the 10th September to celebrate and build on this great work!
Join Team Simon Community and enjoy the buzz and support of participating in the ‘Pedal for Scotland’ event
- It is a great personal challenge and opportunity for us as individuals.
- It’s also an opportunity to help to raise the profile of the Simon Community and the important work we do in supporting people who’ve experienced tough times.
- Some participants may even want to use this event as an opportunity to raise money for our Nightstop Service. (If you’d like to do this, please contact us for more information)
What people have said about the event
“For those who cycle regularly, or for those who just fancy a fun challenge, you can’t do better than riding your bike between Glasgow and Edinburgh with amazing cake stops along the way!”
– JENNIE COOK, DES AND JENNIE SHOW PRESENTER, CAPITAL FM
“I really look forward to Pedal for Scotland each year and taking on the Classic Challenge ride so I can spend the day chatting to people and enjoying the great atmosphere……. Pedal for Scotland is a wonderful, sociable day on the bike for me.”
– MARK BEAUMONT, ROUND THE WORLD CYCLIST
“It was Pedal for Scotland that inspired me to start cycling. I’ve been doing Pedal for Scotland since 2009, when I hadn’t been on a bike for over 18 years and I thought ‘I can do that!’ So I bought a bike and started cycling again. My best memory is crossing the line for the first time in 2009, it was a great feeling and accomplishment on what I set out to do. I really enjoyed every mile.”
– ARFAN MOHAMMED
More stories here: http://pedalforscotland.org/testimonials/
Got any questions?
Contact Linda Clark (our Organising Guru) hello@SimonScotland.org. If you’re keen and committed – go ahead and register using the details below.
Book your place today
- Standard places are booked via the Pedal for Scotland website, selecting “Team Simon Community” within the Classic Challenge Gold. See details below.
- Free places – available for people who use Simon Community services and supporting staff – can be booked by contacting Linda Clark. Email: hello@SimonScotland.org for details.
Booking a standard team place:
- Go to: http://pedalforscotland.org/
- Choose ‘book now’ for the Classic Challenge Gold.
- Register as a ‘Gold Challenge Team Entrant’ (£38), fill in your details and join the “Team Simon Community”.
- You’ll need to provide details of an “emergency contact” (e.g. a friend or family member, colleague etc).
- Our team will be leaving in the 8 – 8.30am ‘wave’. Team Simon Community will be meeting at our Head Office (472 Ballater Street, Glasgow G5 0QW) at 7am. At around 7.30am we will go across to the start line on Glasgow Green – so that we can all start the ride together.
- Select the £20 extra for transport (for you and your bike) back to Glasgow.
- We will be providing all Team Simon Community with a Team T-shirt for the event, this is in addition to the T Shirt Pedal for Scotland will send you.
- You can also use this event as an opportunity to fundraise for the Simon Community. Contact Linda Clark (hello@SimonScotland.org) if you’d like more details about this.