We deliver a range of support through our outreach and accommodation services across Central Scotland including in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Perthshire, North Lanarkshire, North Ayrshire, East Dunbartonshire, East Renfrewshire and Inverclyde. We also drive Scotland-wide initiatives to transform everyone’s experience of homelessness. Here is a brief summary of our main services and initiatives:
24/7 HELPLINE AND EMAIL SUPPORT
- In Glasgow: Anyone can call our Glasgow helpline or contact us online for help and advice: 0800 027 7466. Visit our helpline page for more information.
- In Edinburgh: Anyone can call our Streetwork helpline for help or advice: 0808 178 2323 or visit our Streetwork website.
OUR STREET TEAMS, HUBS AND RSVP SERVICE
We have a street outreach and drop-in Hubs for people who are sleeping rough or at risk of becoming homeless, as well as those who have more complex needs.
In Glasgow, the RSVP (Rough Sleepers and Vulnerable People) Service includes:
- RSVP Street Team, including our Street Cycles
- The Access Hub: Multi-Agency Support, Information and Advice Centre
- RSVP Complex Needs Team
In Edinburgh, we deliver services as Streetwork:
- Our Streetwork Street Team operates every day to reach out and support people – on foot and through our Street Cycles initiative.
- Our Streetwork Holyrood Hub is open daily providing support and access to amenities.
Our outreach workers provide practical and emotional support to people who have tenancies. We can also accompany people to appointments and provide advocacy support.
We have outreach housing support services operating in 3 areas:
- Edinburgh Visiting Housing Support (Streetwork)
- North Lanarkshire community outreach
- Perth & Kinross community outreach
Our Tenancy Sustainment support is delivered in partnership with a number of Housing Associations across Central Scotland, including:
- Hillhead Housing Association (Tenancy Sustainment)
- Inverclyde Housing Association (Tenancy Sustainment)
We also have Shared Living Link Workers who support people who are living in shared accommodation in a number of areas, including:
- West Dunbartonshire (pilot in development)
We have different kinds of residential accommodation for people who are finding their feet. Our accommodation is typically accessed through referrals.
In Glasgow provide a number of accommodation services:
- Govanhill Service
- Parkhead Service
- Kent Road Service
- Maxwell Drive Service
- Lenzie Gate Service
- We also operate a Nightstop service for young people (to prevent rough sleeping)
In North Lanarkshire, our accommodation services are:
- Black Street Service
- Bridgework Service
- Houldsworth Court Service
- Mason Street Service
We provide a range of rapid access support through our Streetwork team so that people can be supported into accommodation quickly.
We are involved in ‘housing first’ developments in Scotland which are designed to provide people with suitable, permanent accommodation as quickly as possible – rather than the current (often very protracted) system of people being housed in a range of shorter term temporary accommodation.
OTHER PROJECTS AND INITIATIVES
We deliver a range of projects and innovations. Here is a quick overview of some of them.
- Get Digital Scotland
- Period Friendly Points
- City Ambition Network (CAN) (in Glasgow)
- Gardening project
- Inter-Agency Support Networks
- Shared Living Programme
- …and more!
See our initiatives page for a list of all the projects and initiatives we are taking forward.