Salary: £20,819 – £22,761 (Support Worker). Relief rate is £10.68 per hour
Location: North Lanarkshire Outreach Service (Support Worker), Across all North Lan Services (Relief Worker)Hours: 37.5 hours (Support Worker). Relief is on an as and when required basis
Residential service Hours – 37.5hrs (Rolling rota over 7 days with expectations to do night shifts/sleepovers)
Floating support service Hours – 37.5 hrs 5 days over 7. No sleepovers or night shifts required for this service.
Closing Date: Ongoing
You will report to your Service Lead and work in harmony with all other teams within the North Lanarkshire area as well as the wider organisational teams, and will look outward to develop your practice area in partnership with all stakeholders.
Support Workers will provide positive practical and emotional support to people who use the service that focuses on goals, promotes choice and encourages personal responsibility. Support Workers will also establish and maintain effective professional relationships with a range of external partners to ensure support to service users is coordinated and in agreement with identified care plans.
- To work with service users to develop and deliver person-centred support plans that achieve the best possible outcomes for people who use the service.
- To encourage people who use services to take an active role in their support and in all decisions relating to them or their support.
- To participate in the monitoring and evaluation of services provided to people who use the service.
- Be responsible for the service, ensuring a supportive, homely and safe environment is maintained along with a daily staff presence.
We ask for your compassion, creativity, flexibility, eternal optimism and positive approach as well as a commitment to living the values of our organisation with your colleagues, partners and crucially with the people we support.
If you are interested in joining us and doing amazing things, these are the steps to take:
- Read our ‘Join our Staff Team’ page to learn more about what it’s like to work at the Simon Community
- Read the ‘How to Apply’ page which describes our application process, and complete our application form (download in PDF format for printing, or DOCX format for easier editing)
- Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date – Ongoing