Responsible to: Resettlement & Housing Support Services Manager.
Location: Inverclyde/Gourock/Greenock Area
Salary Scale: £18,087 – £19,601
Hours: 35 hours per week
Closing date: 15 July 2020
- To support and enable vulnerable resettled clients to address their ongoing issues.
- To support and enable tenants who are facing difficulties in successfully maintaining their tenancy.
- To assess individuals’ needs and develop a relevant plan of support which will enable them to sustain their tenancies in the long term.
1. Working directly with individuals:
- Consult and liaise with the relevant Housing Authority to assess a recently resettled individual’s needs, aspirations and the level of ongoing housing support required.
- Consult and liaise with housing providers’ representatives (or other referrer) to assess an individual’s needs, aspirations and the level of housing support required.
- Develop interpersonal skills such as active listening for maintaining and reviewing needs assessments, action plans and support programmes.
- To implement and evaluate support programmes.
- Visit clients in their home, at a frequency to be determined with the individual, to provide advice and assist in areas such as health, emotional support, accessing training, volunteering, and linking in with local groups.
- To maintain contact with individuals in their homes, to monitor, manage, anticipate and respond to crisis situations as they occur.
- To support individuals to make use of other services such as GP’s, CPN’s, Community Services etc.and liaise with these.
- To organise and facilitate therapeutic social support groups.
- To ensure that, in the event of an irrevocable breakdown in the tenancy agreement, that suitable services e.g. Resettlement services are accessed.
2. Work with other Organisations:
- Establish partnerships and liaise with other voluntary and statutory agencies, in particular the Supporting People Team and engage in inter-agency collaborative exercises.
- To develop and maintain positive links and lines of communication with Housing Providers.
3. Internal Duties
- Undertake the induction programme as devised and assist, as requested, in the induction of new staff.
- Participate in staff meetings, supervision meetings and consultancy, training, team development sessions and other meetings as agreed, reporting back to the team as appropriate.
- Share responsibility for the effective use of administrative systems with respect to clients’ records, finance and staff communications.
- Undertake all duties in accordance with Glasgow Simon Community’s policies, with particular reference to the Equal Opportunities, Confidentiality and Health and Safety policies and work towards their continuing development and implementation.
- Always to act in the best interests of the organisation.
- To perform any other tasks as may from time to time be determined by the line manager.
- You are required to undertake any necessary training and learning development for the purpose of statutory compliance, and/or meeting and maintaining practise and performance standards effectively.
For more information:
To apply for this role, please complete the application form and email both the application form and your CV to email@example.com. Closing date 15 July 2020.