Join our #OneTeam and help end homelessness.
People are at the heart of who we are and what we do. Day-by-day, person-to-person, we tailor what we offer to what people need. We’re here to provide consistent, friendly and informed support so that people can explore options and take ‘the next step’ towards a positive future.
We want people who share our values to join us and become a part of the Simon Community Scotland family. We welcome people with a wide range of skills and experiences to our team – including those who have lived through homelessness.
Please visit our ‘Join our Staff Team’ page to learn more about what it’s like to work as part of the Simon Community – including the benefits and support we provide.
Our Current Vacancies are listed below.
We are currently looking for Support Workers to join our North Lanarkshire Outreach Team. Our work takes place 7 days a week at times that meet the needs of the people we support.
We are also looking for Relief Support Workers across our North Lanarkshire Services to cover shifts when they are available, when that suits you! Relief workers are paid an hourly rate of £9.39.
- Salary: £18,316 – £20,385 (Support Worker). Relief rate is £9.39 per hour
- Location: North Lanarkshire Outreach Service (Support Worker), Across all North Lan Services (Relief Worker)
- Hours: 37.5 hours (Support Worker). Relief is on an as and when required basis
- Closing Date: 23rd October 2020
- Interview Date: TBC
We are looking for Relief Support Workers to join our team to help us to deliver a positive, recovery focused service to people at risk of, or experiencing homelessness. The service supports people where and when they need it and will involve evening and weekend working to fit with people’s needs.
- Salary: £9.39 per hour
- Location: Perthshire
- Closing Date: 5 November 2020 (we would encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible)
Are you as passionate as we are about providing high quality, safe accommodation to women experiencing homelessness? If the answer is yes we are looking for you to join us and work within a fast-paced team of dedicated women who have a woman-centred approach that focuses on safety and recovery.
- Salary: £18,316 – £20,385 (Relief Rate: £9.39 per hour)
- Location: Women Services (Glasgow)
- Closing Date: 30 October 2020
All elements of RSVP work closely together to provide joined up cohesive support for the Individuals we support. This role requires the flexibility to work across all elements of RSVP and requires shift work 7 days per week, 365 days per year.
This role also requires a level of visibility and promotion of Simon Community Scotland and interaction with members of the public.
- Salary: £18,810 – £20,385 (FTE based on a 37.5hr week)
- Location: RSVP (Glasgow)
- Hours: 37.5 hours pw (part time will be considered)
- Closing Date: 30 October 2020
We have support worker opportunities in our Street Team and at our Holyrood Hub.
As Support Worker, you provide positive practical and emotional support to people who use the service that focuses on goals, promotes choice and encourages personal responsibility.
- Reports To: Service Leader
- Location: Various (Edinburgh)
- Salary: £18,316 – £20,385 per annum