Support our Rucksack & Handbag Appeal Day: Sunday 26th November 2017
We’re excited to be hosting our annual Rucksack & Handbag Appeal Day this November.
How it works
- We gather a range of donations – simple things like warm clothes, toiletries and other essentials.
- We sort and pack the goods – essentials and some treats – into rucksacks and handbags.
- We then distribute them to people who are struggling with homelessness – they may be sleeping rough or living in temporary or emergency accommodation.
We’ve already had a great response from people who will be volunteering with us on the day.
We’re now looking for donations. Can you help?
What we need
- Sleeping bags
- Clothing & toiletries for women: hat, scarf, gloves, t-shirts, tights, new underwear size 10-12 (cotton), waterproof jacket, slippers, tampons, panty liners/towels, makeup, eyeliner, lipgloss, hairbrush, scrunchie/bobbles/kirby’s/clips, emory boards, perfume.
- Clothing for men: hat, scarf, gloves, fleece jacket or waterproof coat, new underwear (medium), t-shirts, socks, jumper
- Food (non perishable please): cereal bars, tinned food with a pull ring, crisps & sweets, cuppa soup /pot noodles/oats/cereal pot, chocolate, sugar free gum.
- Other useful stuff: groundnut, foil blanket (prevents hypothermia), cutlery, pencil and pad, flasks.
Dropping off your donations
You can gift your donations in a bag/rucksack, or simply use a carrier bag. Drop off your donations at the following venue:
12/14 ReidvaleStreet, Glasgow, G31 1SZ
Can you promote this event at your workplace or on social media?
Here’s a poster to download, or you can email us for a printed copy.