We hope you’re as delighted as we are to hear that Simon Community Scotland have been shortlisted in this year’s Scottish Charity Awards.
This year has been a remarkable year for our charity with many changes and our response to the COVID-19 pandemic. With your support we have been able to help so many people affected by homelessness to transform their lives.
Our charity is a finalist in three categories – Charity of the Year, Demonstrating Digital and the People’s Choice Award – but the most important award that we want to tell you about is the People’s Choice Award. Unlike the other awards, which are chosen by a
panel of judges, you – the public – decide who wins by voting for your favourite charity (that’s us – we hope!).
Your vote counts
It’s really easy to get involved – here’s three easy steps you can follow.
- Visit: www.scvo.org.uk/scottish-charity-awards/finalists-2020/demonstrating-digital/simon-community-scotland and vote before 5pm on Friday 4 September 2020.
- On Facebook add a post saying that you’re voting for us and copy in the address for the Scottish Charity Awards website: www.scvo.org.uk/scottish-charity-awards/finalists-2020/demonstrating-digital/simon-community-scotland
Please make sure to include our name and the official #ScotCharityAwards hashtag.
- On Twitter send a message of support along with our tag: @SimonCommScot and the #ScotCharityAwards hashtag.
For more information about the awards visit the Scottish Charity Awards website: www.scvo.org.uk/scottish-charity-awards
And just in case you need any more convincing on why Simon Community Scotland should get your vote – here’s three reasons why:
- Giving hope and transforming people’s lives:
Our supporters and our team of dedicated staff, volunteers and partners change people’s lives. Our charity gives hope when people are in desperate circumstances. We give people a second chance to transform and rebuild their lives.
- Services people can rely on:
Our services are there for people when they need them most – even through a global pandemic! Whilst some services had to close, in the first four months of lockdown we supported 2,500 people experiencing homelessness or the risk of homelessness.
- End homelessness forever:
Our vision is for everyone to have a safe place to live with access to the help they need. For the first 14 days of lockdown, working with our partner agencies, we almost eradicated rough sleeping from the streets of Glasgow and Edinburgh for the first time in decades. We will continue to work closely with our partners and will tirelessly campaign to find ways to end homelessness forever.
Thanks in advance for your vote – it means the world to us and the people we support.