Archived Blog Post
This is an old blog post from our archive. Streetwork and Simon Community Scotland were former partners, and formally joined together in 2019.
We’re excited to giveaway 2 signed copies of Ian Rankin’s book: In A House of Lies – which has shot to number 1 in the UK bestseller charts!
Ian – a longtime friend of Streetreads – joined us earlier in October to celebration this amazing initiative and welcome it into the Streetwork family. Through Streetreads, we can make it easier for people struggling with homelessness to have easy access to books they want to read as well as reading glasses, storytelling events, literacy support and other initiatives.
We would love to see more people involved! People can help by volunteering, offering donations, hosting workshops – the sky’s is the limit. There’s more information on our Streetreads page
Thought this giveaway competition, we’re inviting Twitter users to help us spread the word about Streetwork and Streetreads.
We want people to retweet our message and follow us @Streetread @Street_work
Here are the links to the tweets:
- Streetreads: https://twitter.com/streetreads/status/1055785259197960192
- Streetwork: https://twitter.com/street_work/status/1055783971060113408
Full terms and conditions are below.
Thanks for your help!
STREETWORK-STREETREADS TWITTER CONTEST
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The promoter is: Streetwork UK whose registered office is at 18 South Bridge, Edinburgh EH1 1LL.
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- This competition is running on Twitter only.
- Closing date for entry will be 1pm on Friday 2 November 2018. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- How you enter the competition:
To enter the competition, the entrant must be following @Streetreads or @Street_work on Twitter and have retweeted one of the following tweets: Streetreads: https://twitter.com/streetreads/status/1055785259197960192 Streetwork: https://twitter.com/street_work/status/1055783971060113408
- Each person (i.e. Twitter profile) can enter a maximum of two entries by following both @streetreads and @street_work accounts. Only one entry will be accepted per person per account. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Streetwork reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible.
- The prize is 1 x signed copy of Ian Rankin’s book: In A House of Lies (hardcover)
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.The prizes are not transferable.
- Two winners will be chosen at random by an independent adjudicator.
- The winners will be notified by a Direct Message on Twitter within 7 days of the closing date.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Streetwork will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Scottish law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.