For Housing Associations and Local Authorities
Are you interested in creating an innovative partnership with Simon Community Scotland’s award-winning Shared Living Service?
We invite you to partner with us and capture the opportunity to be early innovators alongside Simon Community Scotland who are adopting an effective strategy to tackle homelessness.
Shared Living has created partnerships across Glasgow to identify support for tenants who have been at risk of homelessness by ensuring that appropriate preventative action is taken at the earliest signs of difficulties.
Our service correlates with the recent HARSAG (Homeless and Rough Sleeping Action Group) recommendations. These recommendations emphasise that the creation of partnerships should be implemented to ensure housing support, employability pathways and digital & finance inclusion is in place for tenants so that they can maintain their home successfully, thus leading to fewer breakdowns of tenancies.
HARSAG recommendations 23, 24 and 25 states that Social landlords, both Housing Associations and Local Authorities, should:
- Implement all opportunities to support housing sustainment;
- Provide ongoing support for all tenants rehoused after homelessness, to ensure that appropriate preventative action is taken at the earliest signs of difficulties;
- Facilitate initiatives to address the issues of loneliness and social isolation;
- Address employability, equality and digital & finance inclusion support – particularly for those at risk of homelessness.
Shared living adopts all of these recommendations by empowering individuals with the skills to sustain viable tenancies.
If you are interested in creating a partnership with Shared Living within your organisation or are keen to know more information about our service, then contact us on:
- Phone: 0141 418 6994 or 07747 101267
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org