We work on the frontline – making sure people have a safe place to live and access to the support they need. Compassion drives us. Everything we do is about making things better for the people we support.
Select the buttons below to see what we’re doing in each area – or scroll down for a summary of all the services we provide across Scotland. Visit ‘Our Services and Activities’ page for more detail on our different types of service.
24/7 HELPLINE AND EMAIL SUPPORT
- In Glasgow: Anyone can call our Glasgow helpline or contact us online for help and advice: 0800 027 7466. Visit our helpline page for more information.
- In Edinburgh: Anyone can call our Streetwork helpline for help or advice: 0808 178 2323.
OUR STREET TEAMS, HUBS AND RSVP SERVICE
We have a street outreach and drop-in Hubs for people who are sleeping rough or at risk of becoming homeless, as well as those who have more complex needs.
In Glasgow, the RSVP (Rough Sleepers and Vulnerable People) Service includes:
- RSVP Street Team, including our Street Cycles
- The Access Hub: our multi-agency support, information and advice centre
- RSVP Complex Needs Team
In Edinburgh, our Streetwork service includes:
- Street Team, including our Street Cycles.
- Holyrood Hub is open daily providing support and access to amenities.
HOUSING SUPPORT: OUTREACH
Our outreach workers provide practical and emotional support to people who have tenancies. In addition to emotional support, we can also accompany people to appointments and provide advocacy support.
We have outreach housing support services operating in 3 areas:
- Edinburgh Visiting Housing Support (Streetwork)
- North Lanarkshire community outreach
- Perth & Kinross community outreach
Our Tenancy Sustainment support is delivered in partnership with a number of Housing Associations across Central Scotland, including:
- Hillhead Housing Association (Tenancy Sustainment)
- Inverclyde Housing Association (Tenancy Sustainment)
We also have Shared Living Link Workers who support people who are living in shared accommodation in a number of areas, including:
We have different kinds of residential accommodation for people who are finding their feet. Our accommodation is typically accessed through referrals.
In Glasgow we have five accommodation services:
- An emergency accommodation service for women
- A temporary accommodation service with individual rooms for women
- Two women’s services that have flats for women journeying out of homeless
- An accommodation service that consists of flats for men
In North Lanarkshire, we have four supported accommodation services. Three are for men, and one is a women’s service.
In Edinburgh we provide a range of rapid access support through our Street Team so that people can be supported into accommodation quickly.
We are part of the Housing First consortia in both Glasgow and Edinburgh. This initiative is designed to provide people with suitable, permanent accommodation as quickly as possible – rather than the current (often very protracted) system of people being housed in a range of shorter term temporary accommodation.
OTHER PROJECTS AND INITIATIVES
In addition to our day-to-day service delivery, we initiate a range of projects and innovations to address barriers and help people recover from homelessness. Here is a quick overview of some of them.
- Get Digital Scotland
- Period Friendly Points
- Gardening project
- Inter-Agency Support Networks
- Shared Living Programme
- …and more!
See our initiatives page for a list of all the projects and initiatives we are taking forward.